[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Petal Throne • View topic - more data for my campaign

All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:42 am

Post subject: more data for my campaign
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:41 pm 

After years and years, I’m finally going to start a Tekumel campaign. There are some things that I can’t find in the GOO rulebook, and I’m hoping someone here can help me out.

Is there a place where I can find a “keyâ€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:36 pm 

About the only one I can answer well is the one about God descriptions.

Essentially, No. And the reason is that they can look like whatever they want to. Hell, all but on or two have multiple aspects and each aspect is often completely different from the rest. And it's in aspects they most often materialize.

Post subject: Re: more data for my campaign
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:36 pm 

A common complaint that, about the missing captions. I don't think there's anything written to describe the book captions but the best place to ask is on the main mailing list:

- which I recommend you join, especially as I have uploaded 2 files to the file section there for you (see details below).

There are some other files there you may want to have a look at, such as:

The pronouns are detailed on page 17 of the Tsolyani language book (part 1). But the English translations are very verbose. For example: "the you of ultimate inferiority" is used when speaking to slaves and the lowest social classes. There is no short-hand form. At the other end of the scale in the: "you of supernal omnipotence"

Unfortunately the Tsolyani language books are not available at DrivethruRPG

However the book on Tsolyani legions is available and is recommended if you don't have it.

There are a load of pictures of creatures here:

I uploaded two databases to here:

Tsolyani Legions - Excel file
- I think this file has the locations of the legions (a few years back)

Tsolyani Clans - Excel file
- I don't know of a guide giving precise clan occupations but this gives general ones. It was compiled from the sourcebook descriptions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:57 am 

for captions in the new book, post to the tekumelrpg yahoogroup, it's the place for topics specific to that game
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/tekumelrpg

Seashell is mistaken about the language books not being on DriveThruRPG. They are. The more complete 2 volume set is here:
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/catalog/pro ... ts_id=2231
the Primer is here:
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/catalog/pro ... ts_id=1770

There is a useful Excel file with worksheets for Clans, Legions, Spells, Important NPCs, with cities and patron deities cross-referenced, in the Files section of the general tekumel yahoogroup. The main Files page is here:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/tekumel/files
Look in the Miscellaneous folder for tekfiles.zip

Other than the characterizations of the "you's" mentioned above, I haven't seen any English proxies for Tsolyani phrases. The language documents give translations, and the dialog in the novels might give some clues, but it's not too rich in that way.

Congratulations on running a Tekumel game! Let us know if there is more we can help with.

ps your post seems to have mangled punctuation marks. Might be a symptom of the "smart quotes" feature in Microsoft products. Did you paste it in?

Post subject: big thanks
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:50 am 

Seashell-

Thanks for the pointer to the Yahoo group. I've signed on, and I downloaded the Excel files you posted there. The Jakalla document also looks really useful, and that big pile of illustrations is worth browsing through.

I don't think I'll be getting Deeds of the Everglorious or the language books. I'm not trying to run a canonical campaign, so I'm looking more for inspiration than for thorough documentation.

Thanks for your help. I was hoping that the Tekumel fan community would include hard-working gamers who've already done the work that otherwise I'd have to do myself.

Post subject: and more thanks
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:55 am 

Epengar-

Thanks for the pointer to Tekfiles.zip. Looks really handy.

I guess for English proxies I'm just going to invent my own. After all, I'm not trying to run a canonical campaign. And if I make stuff up, I'll get exactly what I want.

I got help here faster than I thought I would. I'll be back if I need more help. Thanks again.