|The Petal Throne
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||dulahan [ Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:57 pm ]|
Specifically, I was curious as to which books (and even better, online references) have lists of first names for Tekumel, whether Tsolyani or any of the other human realms.
All aside from the GOO EPT book since I could find a list in there.
|Author:||Seashell [ Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:19 am ]|
(1) I made a list for myself ages ago when I didn't know much about Tekumel, but I added some extra words to it. I just found this in my notes. It's only about 17 years old but you can have it if you want.
(2) There is also a list published in the first issue of The Eye of All-Seeing wonder: Some of the words in these 2 lists are the same because I gave my list to Dave Morris before he wrote the Eye and I can see that the lists have some common words.
(3) You could look through the indices written by Krista Donnelly It should be fairly easy to pick out names from those.
(4) I have a spell-check data file for MS Word which I think is just a text file with a ".dic" extension. That will have a lot of lineage names in which are easy to spot. The personal names are harder to identify because you need to distinguish them from all the other Tekumel words. You can have that too; it has quite a few words in it.
(5) To be honest, I don't worry about my names being really authentic, so long as they look good. During actual play I usually use my random Tsolyani word generator, create 100, or so, words and pick out the most likely looking 20% to use as actual names. This works surprisingly well.
(6) The best way to get a list of authentic words would be to make your own by reading the 5 novels, the sourcebook, Mitlanyal and the Adventures on Tekumel game books. But that is a lot of work, documenting what you read takes a lot of the fun out of reading.
A report on Tekumel is pretty comprehensive. It is here:
. You could cull the names out of that too.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group