[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Petal Throne • View topic - Qadardalikoi miniatures rules - unplayab

All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:03 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:33 am 

Post subject: Tekumel Wargamming and Miniatures
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:06 am 

Greetings Colleagues ... I have been reading about the problems with Tekumel tabletop gaming, and I just thought that I would put in my "2 Qirgal's" worth of commentary into the Pot.

I have been 'lucky enough' to have obtained a considerable amount of Tekumel gaming products that include all of the wargamming rules that evolved over the many years, namely 1.) Legions of the Petal Throne, 2.) Missum, and lastly 3.) Qadardalikoi, which was quite good and very useable indeed. I also have a selection of old Ral Partha (and others) range of metal 25mm miniatures, albeit in small numbers. I ALSO have a copy of 'The Art of Tactical Sorcery" which deals in great detail with Military Sorcery, mostly for Player Character interaction and possible involvement.

I would advise the Tekumel Tabletop Kerdukdalis to delve into Titas House of Games to see what they can muster of The Armies of Tekumel and Qadardalikoi rules. Both integrate well together. I even use Qadardalikoi on a 10:1 scale to resolve Gardasiyal "Qadarni" battles and skirmishes, saving HEAPS of time during the RP game with acceptable results.

Right now I am working on an article that revamps and expands upon the Battle Magic rules, filling in some errattas that I believe needed clarifying. I hope to produce this soon and submit it for All on the system.

Flaming Looney

Post subject: Qadardalikoi on a 10 : 1 Scale ....
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:19 am 

If you use the unit Factors for the small unit that you may be using (Say 2 x Karengs (200 troops) of Halberdeers from the Phallanx of Lord Durritlamish of the Rotted Face, 6th Imperial Medium Infantry, with Halberds factor of 11 ... VS some Grey Ssu 'Lights' with buclers and jagged swords, defense factor 11. Roll on the Qadardalikoi Combat Results table at "0' resolution, adjusting for the UNIT Formation Choice (Section 2.223 [in Qadardalikoi that pits the Military Formation choice vs that of the Enemy unit] , sat a "+1" for 'The Stone Mountain', roll the "%" dice on the little table at section 2.222b, remembering that the Halberds will rtike the sword armed Ssu first (weapon strike order).
Assuning the same number of Ssu and you roll a 75% roll (an additional '+2' to the modifiers) ....and .... remembering that your doing this at 10 : 1 (instead of doing it in RPG stats) - look up say 10 figures for the fron rank of figures of Halberds vs a total of 11 attack factor vs 11 Ssu defence = 0, plus 1 for the Stone Mountain, and a good roll of 75% on the random table '+2' IS ..... Total +3 for 10 figures (100 troop in 'real life') or scratch 60 dead Sso off the battelfield. The remaining half of the 140 Ssu (Say 70 or at 10:1 ... 7 x Ssu swordsmen may strike back).

Works well for Me during a Gardasiyal PRG session, and I can invole NPC's or PCs in small unit actions, raids, Qadarni Battles ....OR ..."Go the Whole Hog" and involve the PC's as sub-unit commanders in major battles. I abbrogate the PC involvement if they are actually in The Ranks in the battlelines of course, giving each Player just "so many" opponents to defeat depending on how well the Unit is doing in the fight (Including Vicory or Rout as well !!!).

Eureka Miniatures in Australia would be great for sourcing miniatures, as far as I know. Check out the links here at Tekumel.com for find Titas House of Games too for rulebooks. I don't know i anything is available at 'DriveThru RPG' on The Net, but they sell E-Book versions of some Tekumel stuff, which is a convenient and quick 'turn around'.

Good Hunting, and may your Chlen-hide sword never go bendy on you.

Martin from Perth, W. Australia aka "Flaming Looney"

PS: You should have seen the 'Look of Doom' on the face of one of my Veteran Players when he faced a unit of 400 Black Ssu (or was it 800?)in the mountain regions of northern Chayengar Range.... Lucky he Had a "nice" unit of 400 Tsolyani Heavy Shen nearby who evened things out a tad ....

I'm in the closing stages of completing a Scenario that involves My PC's investigating a Ssu 'Raid in Force' that had penetrated as far as hex#4221 S-E of Thr'il. It has some involvement with a tribal human force who are raelated to the Nom (I call them the SsuNomi) enthralled by promises from a Pariah God (The One Other), and the Ssu and human SsuNomi are co-operating together with this "invasion" (via Tubeways and other sorcerous means).

Happy Tekumel Gaming