[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Petal Throne • View topic - The Tekumel Project

All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:50 am

Post subject: The Tekumel Project
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:07 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:44 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:58 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:07 pm 

Post subject: The Tekumel Project
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:25 am 

I have been very torn over buying these miniatures. I like 28mm figs, and I love the old Tekumel minis. I agree with the comments about most of us being older gamers with less time to paint too. Part of me has wanted to do big battles on Tekumel for years. Another part of me would like to have a bunch of different figures for playing EPT. So I think i may buy the larger packs and paint as I can.

Do you plan on doing any of the following Legions:

Legion of the Lord of Red Devestation (My personal favorite!)
Legion of Lord Kharihaya (Best looking crossbowmen ever!)
Legion of the Lord Chegarra
Gurek of Dharu or Vanu
Gurek of Ngaku
Any of the Mu'ugalavyani?
Priests and Sorcerors
Ssu and Hlyss

Yeah, I know it is a lot, but these are my favorites from the old lines. I'm thinking about starting with the Serqu figures as these have always said "Tsolyanu" to me. Keep up the great work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:27 am 

Hi,

Yes more figures are planned. In a VERY rough order (subject to some minor variation - or MAJOR variation in some places ***) they are:

Hlaka
Shen
***Ahoggya***
The Red D's
Valiant of Ke'er/Turquoise Eye
***Qol***
Legion of Lord Kharihaya
***Pygmy Folk***
***Priests and Priestesses (Vimuhla first)***
Rulla Gurek/Defense Against Evil
Seal of the Worm
Other YK in Khil (ie. Makhis, Silver Worm, etc)
Dharu/Vanu
***Lady Mrissa/Sapphire Kirtle***
Mighty of Yan Kor
More Tsolyani Legions (Western Front first)
N'luss
***Ssu***
***Swamp Folk***
***Pachi Lei***
***Hluss***

All subject to cash flow, etc.

Regards,

Howard Fielding
The Tekumel Project

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:26 pm 

Please say the Shen will be in armor!

I picked up the Tleku Miriya. I saw the painted examples on the web. I was surprised by the amount of yellow and white. I thought they were mostly in green!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:17 am 

The Shen will be in armour. The list as it stands is:

1) Officer with Lightning Sword
2) Musician with drum
3) Standard bearer
4) Halberd/Pike 1
5) Halberd/Pike 2
6) Axe-sword 1
7) Axe-sword 2
8) Pistol Crossbow
9) Berserker
10) Unarmoured Shen 1
11) Unarmoured Shen 2
12) Official in Cloak

Figure 1 will be based on the Shen Mercenary Officer illustrated in the Battle of Ry battle report (from and old Wargamers Digest magazine.)

The standard and musician will be similarly armoured.

The other figures are intended to provide for a representative array of figures so as to allow several different legions to be made. I think there are three shield patterns that I have illustrations of and I am getting those made to help individualize the units.

The armour is a question - myself I prefer that in the Battle of Ry illustration. The pic in the Tsolyani army book is not very good, and the Yan Kor army book illustration is a possible next best choice, but that pic isn't as good a representation of the Shen (IMO) as the Ry pic either.

Currently I am waffling - comments?

Figure 12 is to be based on a description from the Shen army book.

Regarding the Tleku Miriya figures, they were painted according to the very brief description given at the back of the YK army book. If you haven't seen these books I recommend them though much of the space is taken by Missum stats. Even that is useful in the sense that it gives more detail as to the arms and armour of the legions - the descriptions are oftne vague - as well as an indication of how good a particular unit is (skill levels, morale ratings, etc.)

Getting back to the painting guide, it merely states the main colour, second colour and trim for the helmet, kilt, shield, etc. In the TM case the main colour was stated to be White or yellow respectively, for first and second gureks. I did not attempt to dictate to Eureka how to paint the figures as I wasn't sure how I would do mine - I'm still not sure, and won't be till I actually get that far myself. I do think I would have used more green, and probably a brighter green. And I would have done Ald in green for sure - now that was a mistake I should not have made - I should have specified his colours. I would have chosen a diferent shade of yellow also.

Anyway, I hope I'll be seeing lots of different painting schemes for these units! :)

Howard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:27 pm 

I have heard rumor of a February release; would this be the Shen? Or some other legion/gurek?

Gathering my finances in anticipation!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:59 pm 

Gureks of the Valiant of Ke'er and the Turquoise Eye.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:05 pm 

Thanks, I'm looking forward to these two-especially the Turquoise Eye.

With 4 Yan Kor Gureks we'll need a few more Tsolyani Legions before long, perhaps the Red D's or Mighty Prince or Seal of the Worm?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:53 pm 

I agree, the Red D's and the Seal of the Worm are on the list. The Mighty Prince is as well, but then a break from spear/pike units might be in order. Lady Mrissa, Sapphire Kirtle and Lord Kharihaya were the others on the base list, being all "western" theatre units.

Unfortunately, the Tsolyani are more expensive to make than the YK units we are currently doing as the uniforms are distinct for each, meaning a completely new sculpt for each pose/weapon type.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:49 pm 

Howard,

I'm not sure what process is being used to pay for the figures that are being produced; however, I would be glad to sponsor some if cash becomes an issue.

dhauser <at> nas <dot> edu

Let me know if I can help. I have certainly benefitted from this project so far and I would have no compunction about contributing to it.

Donald~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:04 am 

Just thinking about some other figure types which would be useful.
Some other general figures would be useful since General Kettukal cannot command every legion.

We need some figures to represent each legions magical contingents.

Some figures to represent the princes who are with their legions.

Some of the Tsolyani medium legions (I'd go for the 20th MI Legion of the Many-Legged Serpent, but then I'm biased since my game is based in Kilalammu and this unit has troops there)