[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Petal Throne • View topic - FATE3 + MUTE

All times are UTC

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:10 pm

Post subject: FATE3 + MUTE
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:45 am 

Hello thar!

I'm really really really new to the Tekumel awesomeness and mostly thanks to a friend of mine. I doubt I would have found it on my own.

Anyways, two things:

1. Do any of you think the Tekumel ideal could work with the ?

2. Have any of you ever thought to host a game of it on a ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:42 am 

21 views but not one post? Hrm :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:36 pm 

Welcome to the forums!

I think most of us don't know what Fate3 RPG system and MUTE are? Care to tell us more about them?

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:15 am 

I provided two links to the sources of that information in my post! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:55 pm 

Okay, I see you have. In my browser the links were not obvious until I moved my mouse over them. Since I normally don't use a mouse to point at the words I'm reading, I would not have known they were links unless you said something.

Anyways, IMO the Fate3 system is too rules lite for my tastes, so it could work. You'd have to try it out. Many people have various systems for Tekumel, it all depends on what you and your players are use to.

As for MUTE, that could be use also but you're going to have to have the right players for it.

Post subject: game systems
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:43 pm 

I think that we all have to remember that the good Professor himself uses minimal rules. His usual rule of thumb is 1-100 roll, if its 1-10 make up something disasterous, if 91-100 its excellent result and in the middle is pretty much 'oh well' kinds of stuff.

In using this, lets consider the situation... a 1-10 on climbing up on a chlen cart may not be as bad as a 1-10 roll in dodging between the legs of some serudla and trying to stab it!

The main point is that except for the spell times, ranges, drain and effects, the world is pretty much the center of the drama, not the rules. Use what works for this and go have fun.

-Hlucha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:56 pm 

Let me add another option... I think Heroquest (2e) could be a wonderful rules system for Tekumel. It is somewhat in the same verve as the "rules lite" system of the Professor.

For example, everything is d20. If you have a skill rated at 16, for example, then you toss a d20 and the following determines what happens: a 1 is a critical success, a 2-16 is a success, a 17-19 is a failure, and a 20 is a critical failure. The system also has "masteries" and these enable "bumps" in results (though in conflicts your masteries may not be operational against someone else with masteries).

The system is very flexible and narrativist in its aims--making it feasible for a rich and dense setting like Tekumel. I recommend looking it over (it is from Moon Design and is generic, though rooted in Glorantha gaming).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:26 am 

Welcome to the forums. It is quiet here. The open yahoogroup is more popular, and has a huge file section that you might want to poke around in:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/tekumel/

your Fate3 link gives a "No Site exists for this address" page at wikidot

There have been few complete rpg rules sets published for the setting, given its age, so lots of fans use other systems. I think a rules light system could work fine. My impression is that there is not much consensus among Tekumel fans about what kind of system to use,

There was once a fairly serious effort to create a Tekumel MUSH, but it was never operational, and seems to been abandoned several years ago. Some of the folks who worked on it are still around on the yahoogroup, so you might get more information there.