[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Petal Throne • View topic - Tekumel at U•Con Gaming Convention 2010

All times are UTC

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:05 am

Post subject: Tekumel at U•Con Gaming Convention 2010
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:03 pm 

Hello all, this thread is for discussion and questions about the Tekumel Track at U•Con

Once again, the U•Con Gaming Convention at the University of Michigan is hosting a collection of Tekumel events. This year U•Con runs November 12-14th, with events running 10 am to midnight Friday and Saturday, and 10-7 on Sunday. As usual we will have our Joyful Sitting Among Friends on Friday evening, and I expect that Tekumelani will dine together on Sunday evening. This will be the 12th year of the Tekumel Track.

I am reliably informed that such noble and esteemed Tekumelani as Patrick Brady, Krista Donnelly, and Victor Raymond will be attending and running Tekumel games. I know a number of other Tekumel fans are planning to attend.

Here is the website of the convention
http://www.ucon-gaming.org/index.php

If you are considering attending and running a game, please submit your event through the convention website as soon as possible. Pre-registration for attendees will be starting soon, and you want to get your event in before that.

Apparently I have annoyed an agent of the Opponent of Permanence in some way, as I have somehow blundered into organizing the Track this year. I'm not entirely sure what my obligations entail, but have been brushing up on the Oblongs of Surety just in case.

If you are attending and could use local information, I will be happy to act as native guide. Also, I know that not everyone who would like to attend this year will be able to. If you can't make it, but could use the services of a factor or representative of your clan in this distant place, let me know. Perhaps you have some Tekumel-related project that you would like some learned and thoughtful comment on, or some samples of quality merchandise to display. If so I would like to assist, please don't hesitate to contact me. You can post publicly here, or to reach me more discreetly, use the private message function of the forum (link at the bottom of this post).

Cheers,

George Hammond

Post subject: UCon pre-registration is now open
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:09 am 

Hello all,

Pre-registration is now open for the U•Con Gaming Convention. There are 23 hours of Tekumel events submitted so far, so you could come and spend just about about whole weekend in the Empire of the Petal Throne (or under it...). Pre-registering ensures you a seat in the games you want, and is a little cheaper than registering at the Convention.

I've pasted the description of the Tekumel events available below. Events are being accepted until Oct. 22, so we may get more. If you would like to run one, you are welcome.

Here's the convention website:
http://www.ucon-gaming.org/index.php

I'm organizing the Tekumel Track this year, and I'd be glad to have some idea of how many Tekumel fans might be coming to the Con. If you're planning to come and we haven't already corresponded, I'd be grateful if you could send me a quick note.

Humbly submitted to the noble and glorious community of Tekumel enthusiasts,

George

Friday
6-7 pm "Joyful Sitting Among Friends" This is the annual welcome gathering for the Tekumel Track. Join us to find out more about the Track, or Tekumel in general, and meet other fans of the setting.

7-11 pm "Escape!" Captured by the Mu'uglavyani, your prospects look grim. Can you escape back to Tsolyanu before you are enslaved on the galleys or sacrificed to the flame gods? GM: Patrick Brady, 6 players.

Saturday
10 am - 2 pm "A Mission to Boch'un" A simple trading mission to Mmatugual gets more complicated after you arrive. What can you accomplish for your clan without ending up in deeper trouble? GM: Victor Raymond, 8 players, Swords & Glory rules.

3-7 pm "Chürstálli Trouble" Fear is spreading along the Sákbe Road as reports of Chürstálli sightings circulate among the travelers. But is a punitive expedition really required? While Triumphant of Terror is known for marching into the wastes of Chürstállu and emerging alive, not even your legion will do so blindly. It's your job to find out exactly what's going on. GM: Krista Donnelly, 6 players.

8pm-12am " The Jakallan Underworld Revisited" Can you break out of the secret torture chambers of the Temple of Durritlamish - and make it back to the surface? Or perhaps go deeper and find the Garden of the Weeping Snows? GM: Victor Raymond, 8 players, Empire of the Petal Throne rules (old school gaming!).

Sunday
10am-12pm "Creating YOUR OWN Tekumel" How do you break free of attempting to emulate Prof. Barker and still stay true to what Tekumel really "is"? A roundtable discussion of how to go about doing this, led by Victor Raymond.

2-6pm "Labyrinth of Arched Glory" It's time to perform your Labor of Reverence to attain Third Circle in the Temple of Qón. As befitting priests of the Guardian of the Gates of Hell, the task required of you is both dangerous and daring - a trip to the underworld to deliver a book to the Labyrinth of Arched Glory! Surely your superiors wouldn't ask of you more than you could do? GM: Krista Donnelly, 6 players.