[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Petal Throne • View topic - Beasts of Tsolyanu Kickstarter

All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:24 am

Post subject: Beasts of Tsolyanu Kickstarter
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:05 pm 

Beasts of Tsolyanu Kickstarter project! Get signed prints of all-new illustrations of the awesome land animals of Tekumel by former TSR artist Jeff Dee. These drawings will be used to illustrate our upcoming Tekumel RPG, "Bethorm: the Plane of Tekumel"! Back it here:

UNIgames

Post subject: Re: Beasts of Tsolyanu Kickstarter
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:34 pm 

"Circle of Columns: This site dates from at least the Engsvanyali times, and may possibly be even older than that. There is some possibility that this is connected with the One Other, although only an expert would know for sure..." - Gazetteer for the Northwest Frontier Map Set, (c)1986 M.A.R. Barker

If my Beasts of Tsolyanu project reaches its initial funding goal by midnight Central time on Monday July 29, EVERY BACKER will receive a PDF copy of my new system-agnostic Tekumel adventure "The Circle of Columns", in addition to their prints and/or original artwork - even if they pledge only $1!

The Circle of Columns is full of devious puzzles, ferocious creatures, theological lessons and historical wonders - and took my players 3 full sessions to complete. It's based upon Professor Barker's own tantalizing description of a site near Khirgar in the Empire of Tsolyanu.

Thanks, everyone, for your support!

-Jeff Dee
UNIgames

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:07 pm 

"Each room entrance is marked with a rune in the Tongue of the Dragon Lords (ancient N’lüssa). Trained Vimúhla or Chiténg priests and sorcerers who can read that language may be able to figure out an appropriate chant to provide safe passage through the room. They also know better than to abuse this knowledge, for example by [redacted]. Such abuses cause immediate Divine Retribution. Priests and sorcerers of other gods and non magic users who can read the Tongue of the Dragon Lords or who are scholars of the history of ancient N’lüssa also have a chance, albeit a smaller one. The chant must be spoken continually, at full volume, while passing through the room in order to protect everyone within it from the room's trap effect..." - an excerpt from the Circle of Columns Adventure!

If my Beasts of Tsolyanu Kickstarter art project reaches its initial funding goal by midnight Central time on Monday July 29, EVERY BACKER will receive a PDF copy of my new system-agnostic Tekumel adventure "The Circle of Columns" in addition to their prints and/or original artwork. New backers can get the adventure even if they pledge only $1! We're very close, but we still have a little way to go. The adventure is full of devious puzzles, ferocious creatures, theological lessons and historical wonders! Check it out:

Thanks, everyone, for your continued support!
-Jeff Dee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:59 pm 

I've been asked a couple of questions about the "Circle of Columns" adventure for Tekumel, which I'm offering as the prize for meeting the Backer Challenge of reaching the project's initial funding goal by midnight Central time on Monday, August 29.

Q: Does this adventure represent "official" Tekumel?

I'll submit it to the Tekumel Foundation for approval, and getting that approval would earn it an "Approved for Tekumel" label. Only materials published by the Foundation are "Official Tekumel".

Q: Will there be any art in the adventure?

Some. There will certainly be a map, possibly two maps. I'll also include some of the art I've produced in these Kickstarters. I'll scrounge around for Tekumel art I've done that you folks may not have ever seen before.

Q: Will the adventure be available in print, or only as a PDF?

Once the Backer Challenge is met, I'll add physical, printed copies of the adventure to the Backer Rewards. You'll be able to get them in exchange for a pledge (but you'll still get the PDF for free).

Q: What if the Backer Challenge is NOT met?

Then we'll be that much closer to passing the original funding goal, and unlocking the Stretch Goal drawings so you can all get the extra prints of the Friendly Nonhumans. And I'll keep the work I've done on the adventure in my files for eventual release as an adventure for my upcoming Bethorm: the Plane of Tekumel RPG. At that time, I will STILL give everyone who backed this project a free PDF.

That's all for now. We're VERY close to reaching the initial funding goal on time to meet the challenge. Spread the word!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:01 pm 

Tonight is the deadline to unlock the Circle of Columns adventure PDF. Meeting this Backer Challenge will also leave almost 2 full weeks to attract additional backing to help unlock the friendly nonhuman drawings - resulting in more art prints for everyone.

So! If you'd like to receive a copy of this adventure, AND have the best chance of getting bonus prints, now is the time to act. Thanks so much for your support!

-Jeff Dee
UNIgames

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:11 pm 

I'm posting late (due to being at Space City Con in Houston over the weekend) to make sure everyone knows that the Beasts of Tsolyanu project has met its initial funding goal. Otulengba! This means that not only will I create the signed prints of monsters from TSR's classis Empire of the Petal Throne RPG, but EVERY backer will also receive a PDF of my new systemless Tekumel adventure, "The Circle of Columns"!

Please help spread the word as we move on to the stretch goals. At each stretch goal, a new drawing gets added to every full set of prints! First up is Ahoggya - a gruff, rotund nonhuman ally of Man.

-Jeff Dee
UNIgames

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:10 pm 

The funding deadline for my latest Kickstarter project is Sunday Aug 11, at 11:59pm CDT. The basic goal has been met, and we're about halfway toward unlocking the first stretch goal: the Ahoggya (one of the playable nonhuman races).

Every stretch goal that's unlocked adds a print for every backer who pledges for a full set, and also adds a drawing to my library of illustrations for my upcoming RPG, Bethorm: the Plane of Tekumel. Every drawing that doesn't get funded through one of these Kickstarter projects increases the funding that will be necessary to complete Bethorm, because I'll still have to draw them all and I'll still need to be able to afford to do so. That's why I've been funding the artwork in this series of small batches: to spread out the cost.

So please support my Beasts of Tekumel project. You'll not only get prints of my artwork, you'll also be helping to make Bethorm: the Plane of Tekumel RPG a reality. AND you'll get a PDF of my Tekumel adventure, "The Circle of Columns", playable with any game system, even if you pledge as little as $1!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:20 pm 

The Ahoggyá stretch goal for my Beasts of Tsolyánu art Kickstarter has been unlocked. Only $43 to go to unlock the Hláka (the Furred Flyer)!

Beasts of Tsolyánu is a project to create drawings of the fantastic alien land animals and friendly non-human races from Prof. MAR Barker's classic tabletop RPG, Empire of the Petal Throne. Backers get signed prints, or even original artwork!

Sunday, August 11 at 11:59 Central time is the deadline to back this project. Don't delay! Every stretch goal adds another print to every full set.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:32 pm 

Thanks to my awesome backers, the Hláka stretch goal has been unlocked! Every full set of prints now includes both the friendly Ahoggyá and the Hláka nonhuman races in addition to all 12 of the land animals. The original artwork is also available! Next up is the hardy, gregarious Páchi Léi (the Forest Dweller).

TOMORROW (Sunday, August 11 at 11:59 Central time) is the deadline to back this project. Please act now!

-Jeff Dee
UNIgames

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:57 pm 

FINAL ANNOUNCEMENT! Tonight (Sunday, August 11 at 11:59 Central time) is the deadline to back this project, and get signed prints or original artwork of my creature drawings inspired by M.A.R. Barker's classic tabletop RPG, Empire of the Petal Throne. The tunkul-gongs have begun to sound, so don't delay!

Check some of my earlier EPT creature art here:

-Jeff Dee
UNIgames

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:04 pm 

FUNDED! My backers came through again, big time. I'm very excited to get to work drawing all these super-cool creatures!

Here's my plan for the coming months. In October I'll launch the next Tékumel art Kickstarter - this time to create the wondrous flying creatures of Tékumel's starless skies. In December, I'll run one final art Kickstarter to go back and create the handful of Empire of the Petal Throne creature drawings that remain. Then, in February of 2014, I'll launch a final project to fund Béthorm: the Plane of Tékumel RPG itself.

I've run Béthorm for my own group for years, and these Tékumel art Kickstarters are helping to ensure that the published book will be illustrated as profusely as Professor Barker's amazing setting deserves. In the meanwhile, I'm working on a Béthorm preview that will allow you to take a handful or pre-generated Béthorm characters into battle against some Tékumel creatures, so you can get a taste of the system: That'll be a free PDF download, slated for September or October release.

Its been a long road, but the end is in sight. Thank you all so very much for your gracious support!

-Jeff Dee
UNIgames

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:46 pm 

Drawings from my third Tékumel / Empire of the Petal Throne art Kickstarter are beginning to appear on DeviantArt. Take a look!

Ahoggya:
Chlen:
Chnelh:
Dnelu:

Next up is the Dzór, the Forest Giant.

-Jeff Dee
UNIgames

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:06 pm 

Check out the new Dzór drawing from my 3rd Tékumel / Empire of the Petal Throne RPG art Kickstarter.

Next up is the Feshénga, the Many-Legged Serpent!

Follow me on Facebook:

-Jeff Dee
UNIgames

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:36 pm 

The new Feshénga drawing from my third Tékumel / Empire of the Petal Throne art Kickstarter is up on DeviantArt for your enjoyment.

I went back to Professor Barker's own Feshénga drawing, from the border of the War of Wizards map, for the visual reference on this one.

Next up is the Hláka, the Furred Flyer!

The illustrations from that project will be featured in my upcoming RPG "Bethorm: The Plane of Tekumel"!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:23 am 

The Hláka drawing from my 3rd Tekumel / Empire of the Petal Throne RPG art project is now on display.

Next up is the Hyayú'u, the Whooper!

UNIgames
Pocket Universe System: Quicksilver, Teenage Demon Slayers
Habilis System: Cavemaster
Books:
PDFs: